A Bookkeeping Cooperative is a worker-owned cooperative providing accounting + bookkeeping + consulting services to cooperatives, non-profits, freelancers, and small businesses.
We are looking for a contract bookkeeper to take on client work as we grow our business to create more worker-owner positions and as a senior worker-owner takes their first sabbatical. The position will be for a 6 month contract with the possibility of renewal and/or application to future worker-owner candidacy positions.
- Full Charge Bookkeeping
- Accounting software set-up and troubleshooting
- Liaising with accountants for tax reporting
- Other day-to-day operations for clients
- 4+ years of bookkeeping experience as a primary responsibility
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience in managing multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to keep sensitive client matters confidential
- Proficiency with technology and computer operations and programs, specifically: QBO, QB desktop (Mac & PC), Xero, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Applicant will work both in person in NYC and remotely and need to be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Agreement and alignment with ABC’s vision and values
The Contract Bookkeeper will work between 20-40 hours per month depending on needs that arise and their availability.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to <email@example.com>.
This position will remain open until filled.
Location: NYC and remote
Position: Independent Contractor (20-40 hrs/month)
Start Date: April 2019