- CPA Academy – Free recorded webinars on taxes, accounting, and more
- Wegner CPAs – great for taxes for cooperatives and conventional businesses
- Tyrone Sellers CPA
- US Federation of Worker Cooperatives Resource Library
- Co-op Law A Sustainable Economies Law Center resource library
- Grassroots Economic Organizing a collective working to promote a solidarity economy through grassroots journalism, organizing support, cross-sector networking and movement-building, and publishing resources
- NYC Network of Worker Cooperatives
- American Co-op worker cooperative articles
- Federation of Southern Cooperatives association of Black farmers, landowners, and cooperatives
- Sustainable Economies Law Center supports community resilience and grassroots economic empowerment through legal tools, education, research, advice, and advocacy
- Take Root Justice Capacity Building legal support and technical assistance organization working towards equitable control of resources through cooperative and other non-exploitative institutions with a focus on Indigenous, Black, and Brown communities.
- University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives
- Cooperative Development Institute resource center
- Democracy at Work Institute Resource Library and Online Courses
- Toolbox for Education and Social Action Study Guide to the Cooperative Movement
- Cooperative Economics Alliance of NYC strengthens and expands community-led, democratically-controlled initiatives — from worker, financial and consumer co-ops to community land trusts and gardens, mutual housing, and low-income housing co-ops.
- New Economy Coalition
- 1 Worker 1 Vote
- Los Angeles Union Coop Initiative
- Cincinnati Union Coop Initiative (CUCI)
- The US Federation of Worker Coops Union Coop Council building bridges between worker cooperatives and organized labor, promoting sovereignty of labor and subordination of capital, by harnessing the power of collective action to democratize enterprise.
- Community Wealth article about union coops
- Yes Magazine article about United Steel Workers and Mondragon
- Sustainable Jobs, Sustainable Communities: The Union Coop Model
- People’s Hub
- Training for Change
- Rhiza Collective
- Vision Change Win
- Anti-Oppression Resource Training Alliance
- Non-Profit Coordinating Committee of NY resource guides for starting non-profits
- How to Guide online record keeping tips for non-profits using Google drive
- Tech Soup software for non-profits
- Quickbooks small business accounting software, desktop and on-line
- Xero small business accounting software, on-line only
- Gusto payroll and benefits
- ICA Group – helps start and grow worker coops
- The Working World – offers lending that helps grow worker coops
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives – Large organization of accountants focused primarily on larger co-ops, but some gems for smaller co-ops as well.
- Cooperative Development Institute – CDI is a Northeastern incubator and can help you find a cooperative accountant.
- Open Bookkeeping – Vermont-based rad bookkeeping services
- Community Wealth Offers information on community wealth building activities
- Public Bank NYC Coalition organizing for a municipal bank as part of a broader vision for racial & economic justice
Read & Watch
- Own the Change Building Economic Democracy One Worker Co-op at a Time by the Laura Flanders Show
- Collective Courage [book] A History of African American Cooperative Economic Thought and Practice by Dr. Jessica Gordon Nembhard
- Yes Magazine [article] the feminization of poverty and women run coops
- Cooperation Without Borders [article]
- America Aljazeera [article] Can worker cooperatives alleviate income inequality?