- CPA Academy – Free recorded webinars on taxes, accounting, and more
- Wegner CPAs – great for taxes for cooperatives and conventional businesses
- US Federation of Worker Cooperatives Resource Library
- Co-op Law A Sustainable Economies Law Center resource library
- Grassroots Economic Organizing “promotes an economy based on democratic participation, worker and community ownership, social and economic justice, and ecological sustainability”
- NYC Network of Worker Cooperatives
- American Co-op Worker Co-op articles
- Federation of Southern Cooperatives – supports black land ownership
- Sustainable Economies Law Center supports community resilience and grassroots economic empowerment through legal tools, education, research, advice, and advocacy.
- Urban Justice Center Community Economic Development Project provides legal, participatory research and policy support to strengthen the work of grassroots and community-based groups in New York City to dismantle racial, economic and social oppression.
- University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives
- Worker Co-op Toolkit Guide to Cooperative Employee Ownership
- Cooperative Development Institute resource center
- Cultivate.coop – a wiki on coops
- Democracy at Work Institute Resource Library and Online Courses
- Toolbox for Education and Social Action Study Guide to the Cooperative Movement
- Cooperative Economics Alliance of NYC strengthens and expands community-led, democratically-controlled initiatives — from worker, financial and consumer co-ops to community land trusts and gardens, mutual housing, and low-income housing co-ops.
- New Economy Coalition
- 1 Worker 1 Vote
- Los Angeles Union Coop Initiative
- Cincinnati Union Coop Initiative (CUCI)
- The US Federation of Worker Coops Union Coop Council
- Community Wealth article about union coops
- Yes Magazine article about United Steel Workers and Mondragon
- Sustainable Jobs, Sustainable Communities: The Union Coop Model
- People’s Hub
- Training for Change
- Rhiza Collective
- Vision Change Win
- Anti-Oppression Resource Training Alliance (AORTA)
- Non-Profit Coordinating Committee of NY resource guides for starting non-profits
- How to Guide On line record keeping tips for non-profits using Google drive
- Tech Soup Cheap software for non-profits
- Quickbooks small business accounting software, desktop and on-line
- Xero small business accounting software, on-line only
- Gusto for all your outsourced payroll needs
- ICA Group – helps start and grow worker coops
- The Working World – offers lending that helps grow worker coops
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives – Large organization of accountants focused primarily on larger co-ops, but some gems for smaller co-ops as well.
- Cooperative Development Institute – CDI is a Northeastern incubator and can help you find a cooperative accountant.
- Open Bookkeeping – Vermont based rad bookkeeping services
- Community Wealth Offers information on community wealth building activities
- Defund DAPL – organizing divestment from socially harmful financial institutions and resources on ethical banks, credit cards and investment funds
Read & Watch
- Own the Change Building Economic Democracy One Worker Co-op at a Time by the Laura Flanders Show
- Collective Courage [book] A History of African American Cooperative Economic Thought and Practice by Jessica Gordon Nembhard
- Yes Magazine [article] the feminization of poverty and women run coops
- Cooperation Without Borders [article]
- America Aljazeera [article] Can worker cooperatives alleviate income inequality?