Community Supported Bookkeeping
As 2018 comes to a close, we want to reflect and express our appreciation. We´re grateful that we get to support the financial foundations of groups doing things every day that inspire us:
- Cooperatives-both operating and just getting started-in all sorts of industries: media production, cleaning, tech, mental health, childcare, food, design, body work, housing, and construction.
- Non-profits in labor and solidarity economy organizing, radical legal support, arts, healing & mutual aid.
- Small businesses, freelancers and sole props in film, crafts, architecture, education, arts & writing, consulting, publishing, and food justice.
It´s an honor to work with you.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for how to strengthen our work together, please fill out our feedback form here.
2018 was a year of learning and building for ABC:
- We grew, adding three new worker-owners
- Facilitated a Financial Literacy Intensive & multiple coop trainings
- Voted unanimously to unionize our workplace and join the Retail Wholesale Department Store Union
- Did a pilot run seminar based on the Cooperative Financial Education Toolkit in California – ¨How Can We Make More Money? A Values-Based Finance & Budgeting Seminar¨
Looking forward in 2019, we´re bringing the Values-Based Finance & Budgeting Seminar to New York!
If your organization is interested in sponsoring to help make the seminar as accessible as possible, please get in touch.
Want to support the free bilingual English/Spanish resource, the Cooperative Financial Education Toolkit? Make a direct donation here OR tax deductible donations can be processed by sending a check, with ¨TESA Toolkit¨ in the memo, to: CFNE, C/O Rebecca Dunn 5533 Peden Point Rd Wilmington, NC 28409.
ABC will be closed from December 24th, 2018 through January 1st, 2019.
See you in the new year!
A Bookkeeping Cooperative